Allow multiple signs with the same text

Arrow_Tsar

Nov 14, 2019
Hell
Arrow_Tsar
Arrow_Tsar
Ok, so today I was building a train, and I decided to put the name of the train on the side, now obviously I would want to put the name on both sides, so that's what I tried to do, but after typing the name on the second sign, off it popped and a message saying "You cannot make multiple signs with the same text!" appeared in my chat window and I was like "What the actual heck?".

I seriously don't know why this was banned? Like it just seems pointless, what if you want road signs with speed limits? Like you can only have 1 road with an 80 kph speed limit now. What about station signs? almost every station has more than one sign along the platform saying what station you're at. What about timetables? It's good to have train times announced on boards all over the station.

Was it banned because people were spamming signs with swear words like loads of signs just dropping the F-bomb?
If so then that's only like 1% of players, why screw things up for the 99% who will use signs appropriately?

Sometimes the server does things without thinking really. This sign text ban is probably the most ridiculous thing that's ever been banned on EDawg and it should be lifted as it is just bullcrap.

Thanks for reading and I hope this ban gets lifted soon.

Zuluku

Epic
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2019
Zuluku
Zuluku
I’ve actually never heard of this issue before. Thanks for calling attention to it. I’ll look into it once I get a good moment.