Writing Contest/Sub forum

Nov 12, 2019
Birthday_
Birthday_
A lot of people are starting to question the importance of a forums since it is so rarely used. Many people used the old forums because they got a sense of nostalgia from old posts and accounts. Since that's scrapped now, no one really visits this webpage. However, if we held more contests exclusively on the forums and gave incentive to logging in and posting, the forums would slowly become relevant again.

My suggestion is to re-add the "Writing" sub forum, where players can post poems, short stories, songs they've written, or even just jokes.

Furthermore, I suggest the Events staff pick up a monthly Writing Contest. Much like a build competition, there would be a theme. Players would submit short stories or poems according to the theme. A quick google search of entries could make sure no one is plagiarizing, and at the end of the deadline a panel of judges would choose a winner. Winners would receive store credit. This would incentivize not only the use of forums, but also creativity. The monthly deadline would promote genuine time and effort being put into the stories and wouldn't be too arduous on the staff.

Thoughts?

Mastergle

Yeehaw Boy
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2019
Mastergle
Mastergle
Furthermore, I suggest the Events staff pick up a monthly Writing Contest. Much like a build competition, there would be a theme. Players would submit short stories or poems according to the theme. A quick google search of entries could make sure no one is plagiarizing, and at the end of the deadline a panel of judges would choose a winner. Winners would receive store credit. This would incentivize not only the use of forums, but also creativity. The monthly deadline would promote genuine time and effort being put into the stories and wouldn't be too arduous on the staff.
I just wonder if we have enough people who would participate in these to make it fair. If we have like 3 people, and one is a skilled writer while the other suck, it would be a bit unfair (to say the least). I miss when our forums was nice and active and we could run these kinda events.

• Useful
Reactions: Bɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ
Nov 12, 2019
Birthday_
Birthday_
I just wonder if we have enough people who would participate in these to make it fair. If we have like 3 people, and one is a skilled writer while the other suck, it would be a bit unfair (to say the least). I miss when our forums was nice and active and we could run these kinda events.
Honestly we have like 2 people entering the build competition every month, so if this contest has ANY participation, it would be a success. It would also promote writing improvements. In the subforum, people could make posts on writing tips. If anything, at least it would be a fun subforum with potential educational value.

Mastergle

Yeehaw Boy
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2019
Mastergle
Mastergle
Honestly we have like 2 people entering the build competition every month, so if this contest has ANY participation, it would be a success. It would also promote writing improvements. In the subforum, people could make posts on writing tips. If anything, at least it would be a fun subforum with potential educational value.
Fair enough, I liked when we started branching out and trying different competitions and whatnot (not everyone is a skilled builder).
Good luck-

FixedHeart

Nov 21, 2019
FixedHeart
FixedHeart
I participated in a story contest. I think the last one held on the forums to this day. To bring something like that back would be great. I loved the drive the contest gave me to share some of my work. It would be incredible if they did it again. Not just for rewards... but for creative drive.

Zuluku

Epic
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2019
Zuluku
Zuluku
Well, you are in luck!
I just added a writing section for our forums. You can check it out HERE.
And for the contest, I'll let the events team know about it and see if we can bring it back.
Thank you so much for your suggestion. : )

Reactions: Korlai
S

seaglassdreams

Well, you are in luck!
I just added a writing section for our forums. You can check it out HERE.
And for the contest, I'll let the events team know about it and see if we can bring it back.
Thank you so much for your suggestion. : )
i love you thank you

• Friendly
Reactions: Zuluku

Boots_

Retired Staff
Dec 8, 2019
Boots_
Boots_
Us admins and events Sr.Mods are going to discuss ideas about new events and changes, but I would love to discuss about a writing contest :)) it sounds like a good idea!